When I first got to Ithaca I posted a picture of Ithaca falls (above), which is just down the hill from where I live. But if one goes uphill from the frat house instead, one can look down on Ithaca falls and in fact out over the whole town:
And if one turns and looks in the other direction one can see a smaller waterfall that is above Ithaca falls (below). This is less than five minutes on foot from my front door! When I'm mad, frustrated or hyper, I like to run from the top of the gorge down to the water and then back up the steps and steep trails. When I'm less intense and want a longer run, I go over the bridge in the very background up to Beebe lake. And when I'm in a contemplative mood, or sitting outside on a fine summer's night talking on the phone, I like to go partway down the trail into the gorge and sit fifty or so feet over the water taking in the whole scene:)
No comments:
Post a Comment