I figure that by now I've lost all my old readers since I haven't posted anything in so long, but I needed to take a break this summer. Now I'm back.
I spent the summer in North Carolina and California. It was wonderful to get out of Ithaca for awhile. I didn't do much veterinary medicine aside from spending two weeks shadowing an internal medicine doctor in a specialty practice.
I did get to see old friends, which was more delightful than I can say and helped me recharge and recover from the past year.
I saw two of the families I am closest to-- SelfSufficientNurse's family in California and EB, D and Ianite in North Carolina. I consider them all part of my chosen family. And as part of that, I got to see two of my favorite kids in the whole world, Precocious Kid (below) and Ianite.
I arrived back in Ithaca Monday. I'm really liking my new place. I've been busy unpacking, settling in and running errands. Friday I leave for the AVMA conference in Atlanta. And when I get back I go into an emergency and critical care rotation (my first rotation in the hospital!) for the week and a half before school starts. I finish the ECC rotation on a Sunday night and start classes the following Monday morning. Fun times. It should be crazy busy but I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be for my second year of vet school to begin.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm going to be at AVMA too! I would love to actually meet you in person and grab dinner or something, if you are so inclined. Do you have my email? If not, email me at homelessparrot@hotmail.com.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you are back to blogging, enjoy your trip to AVMA
ReplyDeleteI went to the AVMA last year. It was fun but they didn't plan on large enough rooms for the small animal lectures. So if you didn't get there early you had to listen from the hall.
ReplyDelete