Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fall Bounty: Farmer's Market Bliss


Last weekend I did something I've been wanting to do for years: I joined a CSA (community supported agriculture). You basically buy a share in the farm. I joined Early Morning Organic Farm. They sell at the Ithaca farmer's market Saturday and Tuesday and when you buy a share you can pick up as much food as you can eat in a week. It's been absolutely awesome! And I got my landlady to join too. It's a great way to support local farms and get lots of super fresh food at a great price.

More farmer's market photos:



Above: Cooking my bounty. I cook everything-- the leaves from the beets, the stems from the Swiss chard. Waste not want not. Below: my refrigerator after a trip to the farmer's market.

Ithaca on a clear, sunny day:

No comments:

Post a Comment