It's been a long time since I've been really truly happy. A long time since I was able to be fully present in the moment, although there are times in my life that I have been much better about mindfully living and not worrying so much about the past or the future.
I realized upon returning to school this year, after having such a difficult time adjusting to moving across the country last year, that I was actually happy this fall.
There's a passage in Sara Greenslit's _The Blue Of Her Body_ that captures how I've been feeling lately, especially today:
Lovely. The fields are butter, the trees.The light, so much light, now lower, hits the trees at leaf-level.She is in love with the world at these moments. She sustains the present tense, briefly. The sound of driving over leaves. Light, and be lit. This moment is good enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment