So I know I've been missing in action for awhile. There's nothing really that interesting to report. I'm surviving. Studying, writing poetry, the usual. SmileySuperLesbian called me tonight and she asked what I was up to and I said, "you know, just taking my nightly bath with Parham." There was an awkward silence until it clicked for her that I was referring to our immunology textbook. Yes, folks, that is how exciting my life is-- I spend my evenings in a hot bath reading my textbook. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of immunology. It's OK. If Boron was my boyfriend (meaning I really liked physiology and spent a lot of time with my books) then Parham is a casual acquaintance.
In other news, winter seems to have arrived in force today. We had our first snow that stuck of the year. While some people think this is beautiful and exciting, I find it rather depressing. I firmly believed it was just going to stay late fall forever, well, at least until spring arrived. Denial is a wonderful thing and worked well right up until the point I looked outside and saw everything covered in white fluff. Yuck.
I've been an embarrassingly bad student this semester. Not only have I slept through class for the first time in my life, I also skipped a class for the first time in my academic career this week. I did this on the same day that another classmate of mine skipped for the first time in her life as well. There's a first time for everything. Almost as scintillating as reading immunology in the bathtub.
In more bizarre news, I managed to lose my lab notebook for the SECOND time this semester. The first time I left it at a computer desk in the library and it never showed back up. After that I left it in my car for awhile and just used my lab partner's. Then I decided to bring it into lab to try to pull my weight and thought it would be a good idea to leave it in the drawer at my lab bench so I wouldn't lose it again. Presto, it disappeared. Magic disappearing act. Or maybe someone is selling them on the black market... because just this evening my lab partner sent out an email asking if anyone had accidentally picked up her lab notebook-- yes, hers has also mysteriously disappeared into thin air. That makes a total of three missing lab notebooks. And yes, they're good reading, but NOT that good. Of course lab is 15% of our final so we will both need to replace them somehow. And then guard them with our lives as they are apparently a hot commodity.
OK, that's all folks. Two weeks till finals and then I'm free for six whole weeks!
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
not 1/2 as boring as u think..
ReplyDeleteGood for you for skipping class! I skipped a ton. I felt that my time was better used either catching up on sleep or studying. Some of our lectures were ungodly dull and useless, besides. I don't regret it one bit.
ReplyDeleteI wanna see IThaca snow! Shira, you know what you have to do :)
ReplyDeleteFree for SIX weeks!? We get two!! Jealous... Ithaca, eh? I was there for four years ;-)
ReplyDelete