Saturday, May 23, 2009
Carnival In The Mission: Goodbye SF
When I got off BART I was greeted by quite a commotion at Mission and 24th:



The guys on stilts were amazing-- can you imagine doing that for several hours?
The buildings and costumes combined were quite breathtaking:
The dogs were also all dressed up:


And there is the mission trademark dog, the white chihuahua (I don't know why there are so many white chihuahuas in the mission-- some kind of founder effect?-- but I know from my brief shelter experience that the mission breeds white chihuahuas)

If you've never spent time wandering around the mission you are missing some great murals and artwork:




And here I am with my friend J, enjoying the day, though given a choice I'd rather be hiking Mount Rainier with her like we did last summer (I'm just not a city girl...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment