That's me with EB, D and a very squirmy Ianite over Thanksgiving vacation. And a photo of Ian and his dad in which you can actually see Ian:
Here Ian is walking around with a block, showing off one of many pieces of canine-themed clothing I purchased for him back in California.
I wish I could have another two weeks of vacation. It was great to see my parents, EB, D, Ian (he's a real little person now, no more baby) and their finally renovated new old house.
It was also great to get out of Ithaca even if just for a few days. The sun is so much brighter in North Carolina! (Just before I left I began using a light box to try to make up for my sunlight deficit so hopefully that will help me continue to feel good now that I'm back).
Not to mention that I made out like a bandit-- I got my mom and dad each to buy me a piece of warm winter clothing as a holiday/early birthday present and my mom also gave me a book that I love even though I am only a few pages into it-- Something for the Pain: Compassion and Burnout in the ER by Paul Austin. It's tales from human emergency medicine-- hauntingly similar to veterinary medicine in some respects and completely different in other ways. I'm riveted.
Thanks everyone!
Ohh...that sounds like a book I need!! Are youe ever going to tell me where in NC you go??
ReplyDeleteglad it turned out to be a nice break for u!
ReplyDeleteNice to hear you had a good break.
ReplyDeleteGlad to also hear you are using the light box. Keep using it!