Monday, November 30, 2009

Lucky White Rabbit Numero Dos

Last time I posted a picture of a white rabbit on my blog I had to go looking for one. This one just fell into my lap. Well, kind of. I'd explain but I can't. Let's just say I got to spend the evening doing physical exams on animals that were not patients at Cornell's hospital or part of the low-income clinic and leave it at that.

If that sounds scintillating, then you'll probably drool over my plans for tomorrow evening-- practicing suturing! As anyone who has had to learn to suture knows, it's not nearly as easy as it looks. I've actually sutured live animals before-- it's allowed for licensed technicians to suture skin under the practice act in California. I'm hoping that if I get in a good review tomorrow night then the veterinarians will let me suture on the shifts I picked up over winter break.

Did you notice my hair cut? I can't decide if I like it-- short is easy and my motto is no muss, no fuss, but my identity is all wrapped up in having long hair... A lot of my classmates have complimented me on the new look, which is nice. Although several people think it makes me look younger!&($%@

One more funny thing-- the car I parked next to in the vet school parking lot this morning had a bumper sticker that said, "Ithaca, 10 square miles surrounded by reality." That made me laugh. EB and D always used to say that Northampton was La-La land. I think Ithaca is even more out there. At least someone else had a similar thought-- enough so to make a bumper sticker.

1 comment:

  1. as far as I can tell, your hair looks cute. suturing, what fun~!!

    ReplyDelete