Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween From The Vet School

Above: Me in the boots and mask.
Below: Class photo. I'm nibbling on the nun's ear and she's giggling as a result.

Below: One of my classmates, who happens to be in my tutor group, dressed up as Amblyomma americana, the Lone Star tick. Awesome!

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that so many vet students made the time to find costumes (especially the tick costume, which I have to imagine isn't available in stores). What percentage of your class is male? Looks low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, vets are such dorks. As a vet, I can say that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have about 20 guys in my class out of 90 students, which is pretty good. The class below us only has 10 guys. It is definitely a female dominated profession at this point, since 2007 the majority of vets have been women.

    I know the tick costume was handmade and took a significant amount of work because the woman who made it is in my tutor group. I think most of the rest of the costumes were purchased, several (including mine) at Salvation Army. There's extra incentive to have a costume as there is a Halloween party tonight at the OTS frat house that lots of people will be going too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definite points to the tick costume.

    ReplyDelete