I also saw a pileated woodpecker in my backyard yesterday but wasn't fast enough to get a picture! I saw a flash of a large black bird with white on the underside of its wings and immediately knew it was a pileated. Then I heard its call, very similar to a Northern flicker. I took off into the woods after it and was able to get it in sight for a brief few minutes. It was a good bird day:)
Friday, November 12, 2010
A Good Bird Day
I also saw a pileated woodpecker in my backyard yesterday but wasn't fast enough to get a picture! I saw a flash of a large black bird with white on the underside of its wings and immediately knew it was a pileated. Then I heard its call, very similar to a Northern flicker. I took off into the woods after it and was able to get it in sight for a brief few minutes. It was a good bird day:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment