Yesterday in our lab SmileySuperLesbian was chatting with my lab partner and I and mentioned going to Northampton last weekend. I said wistfully, "I wish I could have gone with you! Why didn't you tell me?" To which she replied, "I asked you to carpool with me and you said you were busy." I was so confused. I said, "What was I doing last weekend that I was busy?" My lab partner, KindEnvironmentalist, said, "You were petsitting." Right! You know you are in trouble when your lab partner knows what you were doing the past few days better than you do!
Also, I've been forgetting where I parked lately and have spent lots of time wandering around B lot looking for my car.
People talk about penguins falling off the iceburg in vet school-- which means your head becomes so full of information that you start forgetting things you have already learned. Some people even forget simple words like bed! I haven't experienced this so far but I think my forgetfulness with my schedule and my car is a sign I'm starting to lose penguins in my own special way. Oh well.
In good news, I passed my block 4 midterm by enough that I am not worried about passing the course although I would like to bump up my grade a bit so I will have to work harder.
I've been having lots of fun lately with my study group, pet sitting and tutoring an undergraduate in biochemistry. I've also been working on staining and finishing up some pretty wooden wine boxes which is great fun.
All in all, a much better fall than last year, thank goodness, despite losing my mind.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bwhaha.. falling off the iceberg... Yup, that's how I felt all of October. Glad my hell month is over.
ReplyDelete