My semester is almost over! I finished block 4 today. The final exam consisted of two 8 hour written exams, given on back to back days (well, technically 9 hours since they were 8-5 but they expect you to eat lunch and take occasional breaks). Typical Cornell. Parts of it were hard and parts of it I knew really well. Yesterday was better than today. When I picked up the second section of the exam at nine a.m. today (it's case based and so is given in sections and you pick up the next section when you turn in the previous one, complicated, I know) I realized I had no idea how to answer several of the questions. So I lay down on the comfortable black couch in the library and took an hour nap (aside: we can take the exam anywhere in the veterinary college, we're on the honor code not to cheat, it's a nice system and I think cheating is quite rare). I mean, I had all day. I had tried napping the previous day during the afternoon but couldn't fall asleep. Unfortunately for my classmate hard at work at the table next to me, I snore, an embarrassingly unfeminine trait.
At any rate, I woke up without having had any flash of inspiration, sadly, but much less anxious. And I still finished the exam with half an hour to spare, at 4:30 p.m.
Block 4 has the reputation of being the hardest semester in vet school. It was a lot of hours sitting in lecture and a lot of memorization but I can honestly say I found it quite interesting and mostly enjoyed it. Except for immunology. Frustratingly, I continue to find immunology to be confusing. I'm planning to read some immunology over break to see if I can begin to consolidate what I learned this semester.
One more exam, in parasitology, and then I'm done and I can get out of here, head to New York city and from there to California. YAY!
It feels good to be almost done but I'm also exhausted and my brain feels like silly putty (perhaps someday I can turn that into a poem).
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
your brain may feel like silly putty but not to worry, it is working just fine!
ReplyDelete