Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last Trip To Menlo Park, Last Trip To San Martin


Today I had to say what I feared would be my hardest goodbye. It was my last drive for a long time on the beautiful contours of southbound 280. I remember so clearly the time this winter when I saw two great egrets on the sign to my exit-- it was around the time that they gather in large numbers at a rookery in the nearby Palo Alto Baylands. To put those pictures here now seems so fitting. Egrets, they symbolize everything I love about nature-- beauty, grace, mystery (something beyond human reach) and now they also symbolize an inner peace.


Goodbye to my favorite goblin, PK:



Goodbye to Percy, Phoenix, Mocha and the herd of goats:



Goodbye to the Muscovy ducklings who just entered the world a few weeks ago:


1 comment:

  1. This is like a Hermit Thrush version of Goodnight Moon. "Goodnight firds, goodnight ducks, goodnight to the old lady whispering 'Hush'".

    ReplyDelete