OK, Ok, it's not really a trick question.
Answer: As many as you like...
So I have six days till I leave. I'm stressed!!! And I have now made three trips to the vet this week, soon to be four!
Trip One: As I wrote about below, Lindy went to see my favorite internal medicine doctor on Monday for a re-check on her bloodwork. This doctor's been following Lindy for two years and didn't find any significant changes in her health.
Trip Two: Yesterday I took both Simon and Lindy in to see Dr. PullMyLeg for rabies vax and a health certificate. She discovered that Simon had a resorptive lesion on one of his carnassial teeth and a possible abscess there too! Oops, I felt a little embarrassed that I had not caught this myself. I'm sure it is painful for Simon, but he eats voraciously nonetheless. He remained in the hospital for a dental prophy with extractions to be done today.
Trip Three: This morning I woke up to the sound of Lindy vomiting. My first thought, "She has a hairball, I hope I can get back to sleep." She then proceeded to vomit SEVEN more times. Yikes. That got me out of bed pretty quickly. I called over to the emergency clinic and asked Dr Superstar if I could bring her in, she said yes. So I did radiographs-- no evidence of a foreign body, slight possibility of pancreatitis but not very likely. I gave her subcutaneous reglan and pepcid and we were on our merry way. Note: Thanks for your help NurseSuperstar (previously UpcomingSuperstar on my last blog but now she has arrived, and is a rock star graveyard nurse)!
Trip Four: I will be going to Palo Alto this afternoon either for Simon's surgery or to pick him up afterwards if I don't make it for the surgery.
I hope that is it. It's not like I don't have enough to do at this point without running to the vet's every two minutes:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, my poor Simon! I hope he is better now :(
ReplyDelete