The peripheral nervous system of the thorax can bite me. That is how much I care.
I noticed in my bleakness that although the student who owned my color anatomy book prior to me had highlighted every structure of the heart, she had left the pages corresponding to the PNS of the thorax completely untouched. I'm guessing that, like me, she took one look at them and ran screaming.
It's not just that I'm feeling completely overwhelmed academically (everyone is, even those people who didn't spend all of last week moving, sigh), I haven't gotten in a good run or swim in weeks, I haven't found time to prepare meals in advance so my meals are a hodge podge of frozen dinners and raw vegetables from the farmers markets in no particular ratio.
On the up side, I slept in a bed last night for the first time in a week.
On the down side, it is typical Ithaca weather this afternoon: grey and rainy.
If I could have one magical wish, I would like to be temporarily teletransported back to the heavenly outdoor saltwater pool that I swam in in California. Or warm ocean with no undertow. Or the lovely lake in the Sierras. I want to submerge in water, to forget about everything on land for a little while.
Maybe tomorrow. I have to check out where the nearest pool is to my new abode. Or maybe go swimming in a finger lake? It's getting to be chilly, brisk, almost autumn, but cold water can be invigorating...
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stick with it. Sorry I didn't get to call you this weekend-chasing Roadrunners, i will send you pics.
ReplyDeleteHang in there-you will make a great Vet some day