Lindy has a cyst on her left kidney. It is big enough to initially make it appear on as if her kidney is lying in her bladder on ultrasound. But nope, as she does not have two bladders then one is the cyst containing kidney.
Not sure what this means but it appears it is not compromising blood flow to her kidney and so can be left alone.
She had some fluid retroperitoneally so I may be giving her too much subcutaneous fluids??? and am going to cut back a little.
Her blood work was much better than I expected and she is not as anemic as I feared.
The echocardiogram will have to wait till a day when the hospital is not as busy. No big deal as her heart murmur is very low grade.
I'm happy to have her back at home after a long day (for her) in the hospital.
Below: One gets very sleepy when one is kidney failure! (Lindy sleeping on the screened in porch on a warm towel I had just taken out of the dryer to entice her to curl up in the warmth of the sun). But there is always Simon to get in the way (as in the photo at the top of the page where he is about to jump in from the background) and plenty of interesting things to watch out the window... see below
I'm SO glad it was not as bad as u had feared! Lovely pictures.
ReplyDeleteGlad to read this post as it is all told good news and I am happy to see the rascals sitting at the windows and enjoying the screened in porch
ReplyDelete