Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009, Goodbye California

Above: Sunset in San Martin on my last day in California 2009.

It's the end of a long year. I'm going to take a break from blogging for awhile. I'll update in a few weeks, until then I'll be hard at work in my second semester of vet school.
Hermit Thrush

Updated-- I'll do my best to keep writing. It's a nice way to keep in touch with people and I love that some complete strangers read me and offer support. Thanks all. But it is tough when faced with the onslaught of my second semester.

2 comments:

  1. What does your courseload look like for this semester?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one week of lectures on cancer and then my final for block 2. Cornell has this strange system where we have five foundation courses, in order sequentially, and then our clinical rotations. Of course, mixed in there are distributions so after my final I will come back and take elective courses, which I haven't entirely decided on (for example, do I take comparative/exotic anatomy because I'm interested or equine because it is useful for boards and block 5 etc etc).

    I chose Cornell partly for its integrated, unique course style. I'm not too crazy about the Cell Biology and Genetics course I'm in right now, aka Block 2, because it is too eclectic and really is like a whole bunch of separate topics thrown together. We had a lecture by a dermatologist on skin during our week on inflammation, which was good but it didn't quite fit, like some other things in this course. I liked it more in the beginning, but as the end draws near I am finding myself looking more and more towards distributions/electives beginning (of course that means my mandatory neuroanatomy course which is supposed to be hard as hell, but oh well, that's vet school).

    ReplyDelete