Monday, May 10, 2010

Boron Is My Boyfriend

I'm having an affair with Boron and Boulpaep's _Medical Physiology_. Yes, it's true, I've been spending all my time with Boron lately, ignoring my other favorite text on this subject, _Physiology_ by Linda Costanzo.

Some books just stand out as memorable in one's education. I'd used Boron before (first edition then) and loved it for its exhaustiveness and great illustrations.

Some other books I've fallen in love with:
Robbin and Cotran's _Pathologic Basis of Disease_, my other vet school love so far, such clear explanations!

(Some in my family are enamored of Alberts' _Molecular Biology Of The Cell_ but I wasn't overly smitten, of course, I didn't spend long with this text).

From my pre-vet coursework:
Campbell's _Biology_

And from college:
Stryer's _Biochemistry_ (I still have it!)

What classics do you remember from your school days? I'm curious to hear...

3 comments:

  1. what can I say? I can't remember any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Let's see... I've been cheating on Chris with Wanda Mohr (author of "Pyschiatric-Mental Health Nursing"). Guess I'm bi now. =)

    ReplyDelete