I got out of my last exam and it was HOT and SUNNY and SUMMER. It hit me all of a sudden that it really is no longer winter. Even though it snowed on Mother's day which was less than two weeks ago it is not going to snow anymore!
And I get a real vacation. That part has yet to sink in.
With any luck, I passed and won't have to be a first year vet student every again.
Along with the warm weather, these purple and white flowers popped up everywhere along the roadside here. I'm assuming there's a good chance they are native since they are so ubiquitous and I don't know any nasty invasives that look like them... I'd love to know if anyone recognizes them.
Congratulations on finishing your first year!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, the flowers are dame's rocket (Hesperis matronalis), a non-native invasive. It looks very much like the native phlox, but dame's rocket has four petals and phlox has five.
Janet (I can't seem to post a comment from my computer for some unknown reason...)
Congrats on the first year!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!
ReplyDeletedon't want to be a downer, hope you're right about the snow, but as my ex in Maine used to say, the only day u can really be sure it won't snow is July 4th!! :)
ReplyDelete