Tuesday, August 17, 2010

From Clinics To Classes With No Break!

It's been absolutely beautiful the past few days. I took the photo above of the moonrise tonight as I was leaving the vet school library (I stayed till it closed at 8 pm, darn those summer hours as I had tons more work left to do and checked out a huge stack of books overnight to use at home).

Below: A walking stick my landlady found tonight. First time either of us had ever seen one outside of a book or a museum.

Below: Photo I took driving along route 79 yesterday. Typical upstate New York scenery.

I've wanted to write much more than I have lately but I've been finding it hard to make time to get a good 8 hours of sleep and I know I have to make sleep my priority in order to survive this year. Hopefully I will find time to write more soon. Going straight from clinics to classes without even a day in between has knocked the wind out of my sails. And my room looks like it has been hit by a tornado-- that's how messy it is. I haven't even folded my laundry that I did three days ago (maybe I shouldn't admit to that:)

I got a fortune cookie at the catered Chinese lunch for the first years today that said:
"The stars appear every night in the sky: All is well."

And so it is. The stars appear in the night, the moon rises, and though hectic, all is indeed well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure Ithaca is the only place I've seen a walking stick, too!

    ReplyDelete