Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lindy And The Woodpecker, Update On The Cats

Both cats enjoy the bird feeder tremendously, but Lindy seems to have a particular penchant for woodpeckers. It started with the downy woodpecker that comes to the feeder, but now she is also completely mesmerized by and can't resist the red-bellied woodpecker (below).


Simon's preference is for the dark eyed juncos. (Which are black and white, unlike the dark eyed juncos on the West coast here they have no brown on them. Simon loves them though because they have a tendency to cling to the screen and he can put his face right up to them).

Here is Lindy, and then both cats, enjoying the feeder back in the fall when I first put it up:



And here's an older shot of Simon and Lindy (also known as Linders or Spinders or even Linders-Spinders) curled up together on my bed.

I became concerned about Lindy after I returned from winter break because she was spending a lot more time sleeping and barely playing at all (not even slapping at the woodpeckers!) I ran some blood work on her early this week and it indicated she is stable and has not deteriorated significantly in the degree of her renal failure (which is already classified as 'end-stage' but hasn't progressed in the last three years very much). YAY! She probably went through a bit of a slump because she got transiently more dehydrated than usual. I've got to make sure I get the full dose of fluids into her every night, and not just a partial dose. And maybe top her off on the weekends with an extra dose or two, just like one would with a leaky car:) It's all mechanics, elementary Watson.
In this shot, she seems practically offended that I would have the light on while she was trying to nap, I love how she covers her eyes with her paw!

Simon has been very cuddly since it got cold. He likes to nap in my lap while I study:

If I move him off my lap, he assumes all kinds of silly positions while still asleep:

Lindy can also be very affectionate. She doesn't like to cuddle, but she likes to nuzzle her face against mine, or less gently, head butt me. I tried to get a shot of her nuzzling me but it came out blurry. I did get a good one of her lying on my arm while I study though.


2 comments:

  1. nice pics! glad Lindy is stable. My 2 guys (for the 1st time) on Tuesday cuddled together, I was working, Pumpkin was sleeping on the sofa behind me and then Silky came in and cuddled up to Pumpkin. Warmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Lindy is doing well. Great pictures of them. They sure do like that birdfeeder!

    ReplyDelete