Thursday, January 14, 2010

Road Trip: Ithaca To Northampton

Disclaimer: As a vet student I must advise you to never drive with your pets loose in the car!


I finished my block 2 final this morning. Yeah! I'm now halfway through my first year of vet school.

This afternoon I took a road trip from Ithaca to Northampton, hitching a ride with my classmate SuperLesbian (from Northampton) and her cat, SuperLesbianCat (from Ithaca). In real life her name is not actually SuperLesbian, but she and her cat do have the same name.

SuperLesbianCat is very mellow and spent the entire car ride on either my lap or SuperLesbian's lap. She did remember to look first right and then left anytime we turned:



And she seemed to enjoy watching the scenery:

While difficult to capture from a moving car, here is a typical upstate New York barn and silo, albeit just after we crossed into Massachusetts:

And here is the view just outside of Northampton:




2 comments:

  1. glad to have see u and u are looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you put a disclaimer there about pets riding loose in the car. They need to be in a crate or have seatbelts on to be safe.
    My friend was travelling at 15 mph in town when a car pulled out in front of her. Her dog went completely through the windshield when he brakes went on. Mine dogs are now all in seatbelts and the cat in a crate ( she hates her seatbelt). We all think it won't happen to us..

    ReplyDelete