Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fun With Ianite And EB


Today I saw my friend EB and her son Ian for the first time in almost a year! It is hard to believe it has really been that long since we talk frequently and I have furnished a large quantity of Ian's wardrobe with dog themed outfits (check out these photos and these too).

Last time I saw Ian, he looked like this (taken last August, see Baby, Baby):


EB and I visited a nearby winery, where we tasted enough wine to make me giddy (that's six sips folks, yup I'm a lightweight if there ever was one:) We then went out onto the balcony overlooking the vineyards and tried to explain to the even more tipsy folks out there how we were related-- we're not! First off, they thought Ian was my son because we were both wearing blue shirts (this logic makes perfect sense to EB but not to me). They also think Ian looks like me-- however, I maintain he looks much more like EB than me and even more like his dad, D. Even funnier, they were convinced EB and I are sisters. They could not believe that we were actually college roommates.

EB was my first official visitor in Ithaca. I think it was more delightful to see her than I could possibly have conveyed. Let's just put it this way-- for the two and a half hours that she was here I forgot that it was grey, drizzling and that I am 3,000 miles away from what feels like home. I was that happy. So thanks EB, with all my heart. And if anyone else wants to visit, my door is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment