Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Impervious To The Grey

I keep hearing about how Ithaca is really grey in the winter. I checked my calendar, it IS June 2nd today. And it is still grey. In fact it has been rather grey since I arrived, at least in the mornings-- the sun tends to come out later on in the day. After work, I stopped by the pet store on the way home to pick up some stuff for the cats and the woman at the checkout chirped cheerily, "Did you enjoy the beautiful day?" Um, no. If this is what qualifies as a beautiful day then I am really in trouble-- it was completely gloomy until about two pm!

I am going to get a lamp for my room sometime this week (after I finish running around to look at houses for next year). And then I am going to start using my light box/go light when it arrives (it is unfortunately currently in transit from California to New York) if the sun still hasn't come out.

If only I were actually impervious to the grey...

No comments:

Post a Comment