Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's Next For Our Heroine?

In part I of this series, we challenge our heroine's fortitude by making her undergo surgery less than a month before she moves across the country.

In part II of this series, we have our heroine and her two cats, accompanied by the noble Coyote, move from the West coast to the East coast. As if this feat is not gargantuan enough, we also have her change her name the same week, so that when she arrives in her new town she has to answer to a different name (though still familiar).

In part III of this series, Hermit Thrush tackles the Ithaca housing challenge, heading up the 2009 Spring Housing Reconnaissance Mission for her trio of roommates, which she wins by in fact finding a house meeting a laundry list of requirements in under one week (though she fails the more challenging time frame of finding housing within 48 hours of landing on the East coast, but we'll give her an A for effort there as she did tour five houses within 48 hours of arrival).

In part IV of this series, HT settles into her summer home frat house and becomes acquainted with her lab group and summer research project.

What next? Well, I'm wondering the same thing. It's been a whirlwind month. This will be my first full weekend in Ithaca (barring a crisis). I'm looking forward to the farmer's market.

Tomorrow I get to go to go my first clinic associated with Cornell-- I'm thrilled. Students are supposed to wear a white coat and bring a stethoscope and watch with a second hand. Sounds so, gulp, PROFESSIONAL:)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow.
    I have kicked ass since the plane landed on the runway

    ReplyDelete