I woke up this morning and it was snowing a lot. I've realized with some surprise that I actually like the snow this year. At least if it is going to be cold and grey, it might as well snow. It makes everything so much more beautiful and it is really peaceful. The peacefulness is something I have had trouble accurately portraying in either my prose or poetry, which is frustrating. I posted Wallace Steven's "13 Ways Of Looking At A Blackbird" on my blog last winter, but it's worth posting excerpts again because I think of it almost daily. It really describes life here (except we have many more crows than blackbirds).
I.
Among twenty snowy mountains
The only moving thing
Was the eye of the blackbird
XIII.
It was evening all afternoon
It was snowing
And it was going to snow.
The blackbird sat
In the cedar-limbs.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment