... Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there will be Sun!
This is my new motto. I was told that upstate New York is beautiful in the summer. They lied.
It has been rainy, grey and chilly most of the time.
I sometimes wonder if I am suffering Seasonal Affective Disorder in the summer???
However, it is mostly that I am no longer seeing Ithaca and Cornell through rose-colored glasses.
I've come off the initial high and landed rather roughly. I'm sick, I'm lonely and I'm overwhelmed with deadlines.
Of course, all that being said, today is a beautiful day and I am determined to get outside and enjoy some of it, explore some of Ithaca and do my best not to let my cold drag me down.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You've made some major changes-hang in there once you move into your new home and vet school you will be filling much better
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss the part where you were seeing Ithaca through rose-colored glasses?!?
ReplyDeleteBeing sick does not help (sorry), and I think you'll have to get over the California expectations of perfect weather every day -- it's just not realistic in the rest of the world. Plus, you've only been there two weeks, so it's possible that the weather with not be the same for the whole summer.
There you go, my logical arguments for why you should feel fine :)