Case in point: Yesterday I hitched a ride into school with another student. It was a beautiful morning without a cloud in the sky (well, not quite but you get the picture). 4:30 pm and the sky becomes overcast. From my boss's office I hear over the radio a SEVERE WEATHER WARNING with that beeping alarm. I look outside. It is DARK. 4:45 pm I decide to leave a few minutes early to miss the storm. I arrived downstairs. It is pouring, hailing in some parts of Ithaca, and there are frequent flashes of lightning followed by thunder.
I am luckily rescued by a kind fellow vet student who not only picks me up but feeds me hot soup (folks, that is how you make a friend for life!)
This is the scene in the courtyard of the vet school during the torrential downpour:
The is the scene just a few hours later on my way home from dinner:
How does that nursery rhyme go?
ReplyDeleteWhen she was good, she was very very but when she was bad she was horrid.
My guess is the Common Green Darner Dragonfly.
ReplyDelete