Monday, February 28, 2011

Financial Aid Deadlines

So, my FAFSA and CSS are due tomorrow, March 1. Guess what time I submitted them? Just now, at 11 pm Feb 28. Yup. I've always been really bad about financial aid and do it last minute, but at least it gets done.

The first year that I had to fill out a FAFSA and CSS it took me hours and hours and I found it extremely confusing (be warned if you are applying to vet school and have relied on your parents to do this before that it needs to be done well before April 15, the earlier the better as some aid is now on a rolling schedule). This is my third time round filling out these forms and it now seems quite straightforward.

It has occurred to me that even though I am only about halfway through veterinary school, I will only ever have to fill out one more set of financial aid applications for vet school (this time next spring). Yahoo! Somehow this makes me feel much closer to graduating than I actually am.

In order to do my FAFSA and CSS I had to do my taxes, various papers for which I organized last minute at SyracuseSurrogateParent's last week. SyracuseSurrogateDad made a funny comment after I explained that I paid an accountant to prepare my taxes because I have multiple states (plus some other complexities). He said, "So do you get taxed differently in different emotional states? Like if you are in a state of silliness is there a different rate?" If only he knew! It definitely makes me smile every time I think about it.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I still have to do mine! I haven't had my taxes done yet, but you can still submit your FAFSA and edit it later, so yeah, yay for last minute! I think they finally re-did their website to make it easier for people! Thank Goodness!

    ReplyDelete