
Above: This lady is the reason I fell in love with pitties. Nibbles was a backyard dog living in my old neighborhood in San Jose. The very first time I met her, I was walking down the sidewalk and she came charging at me from out of nowhere, totally terrifying me. She stopped at the end of the driveway, just a few feet from me.I had no intention of befriending her, but I was lonely and she was lonely and when another neighbor introduced us in a friendly way, I was hooked. Nibbles was unsocialized, but underneath her fearfulness and bad manners, she was a sweetheart just longing for belly rubs and attention. I would bring her over to spend time in my backyard, take long walks with her, or go spend time with her in her backyard. Sadly, she never went inside anyone's house. When I broke up with my significant other, one of the hardest parts about moving was leaving Nibbles behind.
Below: I can't forget to include the two best trained pit bulls that I know, Lilo and Zrrbrt, who belong to EB and D:

It takes a dedicated and responsible owner to have a pit bull, especially because they have a tendency to be dog aggressive, which can make them difficult to manage. But if you're interested in learning more, I highly recommend BADRAP's website as a source of good information about the breed (not to mention they are a fabulous rescue group that pulled the most solid, stable, sweet dogs from the San Jose shelter when I was there).
you are just like me. fall in love with the toughest ones!
ReplyDeleteWow, in my Lenten time off from blogs I missed seeing my girls in your post! You're lucky to have known so many good pitties.
ReplyDelete(Lent isn't over, just decided to check in anyway)